Monday, April 20, 2009

Another reason to book with My Vacation Lady

This afternoon, the travel agent community was rocked by some bad news announcing that Happy Vacations, a travel supplier serving Hawaii, the South Pacific, Caribbean and Mexico, has ceased operations.

This was a company that I used with much success in the last few years but stopped at the end of 2008 because I had a funny feeling about their finances. A promotion that I was working on with Happy Vacations never came through. I had to follow up too much on invoices when I noticed errors.

After my last honeymoon traveled in November 2008, I moved all of my Hawaii business to Classic Vacations which I felt was more financially secure and has great service and competitive pricing. I am very glad I did.

When the announcement came this afternoon, many in our community entrusted Happy Vacations with their clients dream vacations and honeymoons. For those who paid with credit cards, their money will be protected. For those who purchased third party insurance, their money will be protected. Right now, the agents who entrusted their clients' vacations to Happy Vacations are scrambling to find out what parts of the vacations are intact and what has to be rebooked.

I am happy to say, that I am not in that position because of a funny feeling that I had last year.

My sincere sympathy to all of those travel agents and clients who are now in a situation that none of us expected.

No comments: