Wednesday, February 10, 2010

An interesting article about Trip Advisor

Many travelers take consumer review websites as "gospel" and make their travel decisions strictly from reviews of strangers who post 'unbiased' reviews on those sites.

I know many of my clients will review sites such as TripAdvisor so I also scan reviews as one part of my research process before recommending a hotel that I don't have recent personal or client feedback on. It is not my sole research tool- just one part. Yesterday, I was checking into hotels in Europe for clients and was amazed to think that the reviewers actually stayed in the same hotels at the same time. One reviewer loved the property while the next hated it. You might wonder about who wrote these reviews and what their motivation was for writing these reviews.

A colleague of mine sent this article to me a while back, but it is worthwhile sharing.

http://www.foodvacation.com/id40.html

What do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ciao from Italy
=^.^=