Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Packing for your vacation

There are 2 tips that I stress to my clients all the time about packing for their vacations. I don't tell them what to take with them but I do advise them on what to put in which suitcase.

Now that the airlines are allowing full sized carry on suitcases to be brought on board flights, I always advise my clients to take a complete change of clothes with them. If they are traveling to a warm weather destination, put a bathing suit in the carry on, as well. Why do I suggest taking a complete change of clothes in a carry on? The airlines are notorious for misplacing luggage. We went to Greece and 1 suitcase went to Belgium. Hope it enjoyed the waffles! We went to Hawaii but 1 suitcase stayed in San Francisco. Just recently, my sister in law and her family were going to Maui. Due to delays in NYC, they missed their connection in Atlanta and had to overnite it in Atlanta. Guess what, although she told her family to all pack a change of clothes in their carry on's, my sister in law didn't. Do you want to stay in the same clothes for 48 hours???

Next tip, if you are traveling with family members or someone in your household, share the suitcases you are using. Split the clothes that you are packing in half and put each half in a different suitcase. By putting 1/2 of my clothes in the suitcase with 1/2 of my husband's clothes in one suitcase and the rest in another, we have a better chance of having some clothes for our trip if the airline misplaces 1 of the suitcases. Guess we're still out of luck if they loose all of our luggage, but we still have our complete change of clothes in our carry on.

Check my website for more info on vacations and vacation planning.
The website address is www.myvacationlady.com

Looking forward to sending you away very soon!

No comments: