Saturday, February 14, 2009

Benefits of using My Vacation Lady

Although most of the people reading this blog are probably already clients of mine, I just need to toot my own horn on why you should use a travel professional (especially me) to plan your vacations and cruises.

Recently, prices of cruises have come down drastically for certain ships and sail dates. Part of the service I provide to my clients is that I check on their prices periodically to see if any specials that come up would apply to their vacations.

Doing this cuts down my commissions but it is part of my business model- providing value for my client's travel dollars as well as outstanding customer service.

Let me just tell you what I have done so far in the first 2 weeks of February.
*2 cabins on the Celebrity Solstice in June to Europe- prices have been reduced over $1500 per cabin and I upgraded them from a balcony to a concierge class cabin.
*1 cabin on the Celebrity Summit in April to Europe- prices came down about $1000 and I was able to upgrade them from an oceanview cabin to a concierge class cabin
* 2 reservations at Universal Studios for the end of June- I was able to reduce their package price over $600 per package.
*1 cruise tour to Alaska on Royal Caribbean- I was able to obtain a price reduction of about $700
*1 cruise to Alaska on Royal Caribbean- again I was able to obtain a price reduction of about $400

None of these clients asked for these reductions. I took it upon myself to call and check to see if the prices had come down. It doesn't happen on every vacation package but it it is available and my clients are eligible for the reduction, I will have it applied.

For those of you who book on an anonymous website, I challenge you to see if that website will take care of the price reductions for you without you having to ask.

There are great travel values out there now. Call me at 732-418-0819 for help in planning your next vacation.

No comments: