Sunday, May 3, 2009

Phone call from Cozumel

To keep all of you as up to date as possible on the swine flu, I have included a posting that was on one of my travel agent only forums. This posting is from another travel agents' client who is currently in Cozumel. For those not familiar with Cozumel, it is a short ferry ride away from Playa del Carmen in the Riviera Maya.

Thought you all might be interested in a phone call I just had from clients who are at the Palace Resort in Cozumel this week.

She just wanted me to know that she and her family (nine) were all having the time of their lives and there was no sign of any sickness or anything in Cozumel. She said you don't have to worry about being in crowds because there aren't any, but the weather, resort and everything is wonderful.

She and her family having been watching CNN and were pretty unhappy with the way this has been handled for Mexico........told me I could give her phone number and cell phone number to any other of my clients who were hesitant about going.

This is a pretty careful lady...we went through many phone calls about the drug problems in Mexico...she just wanted to be sure she wasn't taking her family to any dangerous place, so I feel that she is entirely sincere. Said they were tipping like mad because they feel so sorry for the workers in the somewhat empty resorts over what she called "misinformation about Mexico".

She said they had taken the ferry over to Playacar a couple of times to shop and all is well, there as well, except it is totally uncrowded.

She had high praises for the Cozumel Palace and staff.


I can never tell my clients what is best for them and whether they should go to Mexico on their vacation. I always highly recommend travel insurance which gives you the option to cancel for any reason. This may be available from the tour operators but it is also available through my preferred travel insurance providers.
Please let me know if you have any questions about your upcoming vacation to Mexico.

No comments: