Saturday, June 13, 2009

Warning from Trip Advisor about fraudulent reviews

I have always advised my clients to take reviews on TripAdvisor and other similar sites with a grain of salt. I have had personal experience where hoteliers will ask guests to put positive reviews of their resorts on these sites. One actually handed me a card with the website addresses. In this case, I loved the hotel and was happy to do it but some people are offered incentives to write these reviews.

TripAdvisor is now WARNING its readers about this practice.

Arthur Frommer posted this ariticle in his blog:

http://www.frommers.com/blog/?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a3ec3ac40-db8a-4d10-a884-acf9ccad0879Post%3aa9f7affe-fb7f-48b2-a9a6-34fb438ab5cf&plckCommentSortOrder=TimeStampAscending

No comments: