Monday, July 20, 2009

Why you should book your vacation with My Vacation Lady- Part 1

There are many ways to book your travel these days and the major online agencies are blasting out specials to you on a minute to minute basis. Wow, some of those specials look so great that they are hard to pass up. Do you really know what you are getting? What if you have a question- do you get an answer from the same person every time? Are you charged for those questions?

One of the benefits of planning your vacation with My Vacation Lady is that you will get VALUE for your travel dollars.

In addition to great pricing, we offer our knowledge and expertise to make sure that you are booking the property, resort, tour or cruise that is right for YOU! We also offer very personalized service and often have INSIDER SECRETS about the property or destination that you will be visiting.

A couple of weeks ago, I put reviews of a property that we stayed at on a couple of different online review sites. Prior to our vacation, I emailed my contact at the resort (as I will do for my clients) to request any complimentary upgrades that might be available, as well as to advise them of our special requests (non smoking room, king bed and we are celebrating our anniversary). We got a fabulous upgraded room, as some of my clients have also experienced on their vacations, as well as a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary.

I received no fewer than 2 dozen requests from people reading those reviews asking for the email address so that they, too, can get upgraded.

I replied to each and every one with the same response. This request should come from your travel professional. I always recommend that my clients book the category of room that they will be happy with since upgrades are never guaranteed.

When you book online on one of the big online agencies or with the hotel or resort directly, there is no one there to personally contact the hotel on your behalf. Your chances of being upgraded to a higher level room category are much smaller than when you book your vacation with a travel professional, like My Vacation Lady, that provides personalized service.

Is "doing it yourself" so much better than using a travel professional?

More reasons to book with My Vacation Lady will follow in the days and weeks to come.

No comments: